Most Popular Posts of 2023
As we bid farewell to 2023, it’s time to reflect on the dynamic and ever-evolving world of network monitoring. Throughout the year, NetBeez has delivered insightful content aimed at empowering IT professionals, network engineers, and enthusiasts alike. Join us on a journey as we unveil the highlights of the past year, encapsulated in NetBeez’s top 5 blog posts of 2023. From new integrations to practical troubleshooting guides, these articles have provided invaluable insights into the challenges and solutions shaping the networking landscape. Let’s delve into the key takeaways that have resonated with our readers, paving the way for a more connected and resilient digital future.
#5 –How to Monitor RingCentral with Netbeez – The blog post discusses two methods for monitoring the performance of RingCentral, a cloud-based unified communications platform: RingCentral’s built-in tools and NetBeez, a third-party monitoring solution.
RingCentral’s built-in tools:
- Offer detailed instructions for agents to troubleshoot their network connectivity.
- Require technical expertise for effective use.
- Only monitor latency, jitter, and speed on demand, lacking historical data or baselines.
- Provide data only after submitting a help desk ticket.
- Automates continuous latency and speed tests, establishing baselines and triggering proactive alerts.
- Collects data on network performance, CPU/memory utilization, and RingCentral infrastructure latency.
- Offers centralized, scalable monitoring for thousands of agents.
- Eliminates the need for on-demand testing and help desk tickets.
Overall, the blog post describes NetBeez’ more comprehensive and automated solution for RingCentral monitoring compared to RingCentral’s built-in tools, particularly for large organizations with numerous agents.
#4 –Measure Network Quality on macOS – This blog post focuses on Apple’s built-in macOS utility, networkQuality, which helps measure network quality. Here’s a summary of the key points:
What it does:
- Measures upload and download speeds, jitter, and packet loss.
- Can stress test larger network connections with multiple parallel connections.
- Provides helpful insights into overall network performance, useful for troubleshooting or verifying internet service provider (ISP) claims.
How to use it:
- Simply run the networkQuality command in Terminal.
- Options like -s allow testing specific servers and can customize the number of parallel connections.
- Additional flags offer further control over the test parameters.
- Easy to use for basic network quality checks.
- Offers more granularity compared to online speed tests.
- Provides information beyond just raw speed, like jitter and packet loss.
- Command-line interface might be daunting for non-technical users.
- Lacks features like data visualization or historical data tracking.
- Primarily for basic network assessments; more advanced tools might be needed for comprehensive monitoring.
- networkQuality is a valuable built-in tool for macOS users to quickly assess their network performance. It’s simple to use but offers more insights than basic online speed tests. However, for advanced monitoring or detailed analysis, additional tools might be necessary.
#3 –The NetBeez Community Forum – The NetBeez Community Forum provides a platform for users and developers to collaborate, share knowledge, and discuss network monitoring and troubleshooting using NetBeez tools. Here’s a summary of its key features:
- Share ideas and feedback to enhance NetBeez.
- Collaborate on network monitoring and troubleshooting techniques.
- Learn from each other’s expertise and experiences with NetBeez.
- Stay informed about updates and new features.
- Central forum: A hub for members to interact and exchange ideas through questions, advice, and experience sharing.
- Dedicated channels: Focused discussions on specific topics like deploying and configuring NetBeez, requesting and voting on feature enhancements, and troubleshooting NetBeez-related issues.
- Valuable resources: Access to documentation, guides, and best practices for using NetBeez effectively.
- Engaging community: Interact with NetBeez experts, customers, and developers to gain insights and solve problems.
Benefits for users:
- Learn best practices for network monitoring and troubleshooting with NetBeez.
- Get help diagnosing and resolving NetBeez-specific network issues.
- Discover tips and tricks to optimize network performance using NetBeez.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest NetBeez developments and features.
- Influence the future direction of NetBeez through feature requests and voting.
Overall, the NetBeez Community Forum is a valuable resource for anyone using NetBeez to monitor and troubleshoot their network.
#2 –WiFi Speed Test and Digital Experience – This blog post discusses the widespread popularity of WiFi speed tests and clarifies their limitations in assessing Digital Experience (DEX). Here’s a summary of the key points:
Why WiFi Speed Tests are Popular:
- Benchmarking performance: They offer a simple way to gauge internet connection speed for personal or public WiFi networks.
- Troubleshooting: Users often rely on them to diagnose poor network performance.
- Convenience: Numerous online tools and mobile apps make them readily available.
Beyond the Numbers:
- Incomplete picture: WiFi speed tests only measure download and upload speeds, ignoring crucial factors like latency, jitter, and packet loss, which significantly impact online experience.
- External influences: Various factors beyond the WiFi network, like device limitations, server performance, and internet connection quality, can affect test results.
- Momentary snapshot: Tests capture just a specific moment in time and don’t provide historical data or insights into network stability.
Focus on DEX:
- End-user perspective: True network performance assessment should consider the user’s actual experience, including video conferencing quality, website loading times, and application responsiveness.
- Holistic approach: DEX monitoring tools go beyond speed tests, measuring various metrics like latency, jitter, and packet loss across different applications and services.
- Proactive insights: These tools provide historical data and real-time alerts to identify and troubleshoot network issues before they impact user experience.
While WiFi speed tests offer a simple performance indicator, they shouldn’t be solely relied upon for understanding overall network performance or DEX. DEX monitoring tools provide a more comprehensive and user-centric approach to ensure a smooth and reliable network experience.
Here’s the top selling blog post of 2023 …
#1 – Unveiling the New NetBeez Website – NetBeez Unveils a Fresh New Look and Enhanced User Experience
NetBeez recently launched a major overhaul of their website, netbeez.net, marking a significant step forward in their online presence. The new website boasts a modern, sleek, and intuitive design, making it easier than ever for visitors to navigate and explore NetBeez’s solutions and industry use cases.
Key Highlights of the New Website:
- Modern and Sleek Design: The website features a clean and uncluttered aesthetic, with a focus on user-friendliness and clarity. Gone are the days of the outdated look and feel; the new design is visually appealing and professional.
- Enhanced User-Friendly Navigation: The website’s structure has been carefully reorganized to make it easier for users to find the information they need. The top-level menu has been streamlined, and the solutions section now encompasses a wider range of use cases and industries.
- Focus on User Experience: The new website is designed to provide a more engaging and informative experience for visitors. It features rich content, including blog posts, case studies, and white papers, that explore the latest trends in network performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Responsive Design: The website is fully responsive, meaning it adapts to the screen size of the device you’re using. This ensures that you have a great experience browsing the website whether you’re on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Overall, the new NetBeez website is a significant improvement over the previous iteration. It’s modern, user-friendly, and informative, and it provides a great platform for NetBeez to showcase its solutions and expertise to the world.
In conclusion, 2023 has been a remarkable year for NetBeez, marked by a series of insightful blog posts that have addressed the evolving challenges in network monitoring. As we bid farewell to this dynamic year, the top 5 blog posts have illuminated various aspects of troubleshooting, WiFi, and remote network monitoring.
From exploring advanced solutions for RingCentral monitoring to assessing network quality on macOS, the blog posts have delved into practical insights and provided valuable guidance for IT professionals. The NetBeez Community Forum emerged as a collaborative platform, fostering knowledge sharing and enhancing the overall NetBeez experience.
The discussion on WiFi speed tests emphasized the need for a holistic approach to Digital Experience (DEX) monitoring, beyond the limitations of conventional speed tests. The revelation of the new NetBeez website stands out as a significant highlight, showcasing a modern design, enhanced navigation, and a focus on user experience.
As we look back on 2023, NetBeez has not only demonstrated its commitment to providing cutting-edge solutions but has also established itself as a thought leader in the field of network performance monitoring. The top 5 blog posts serve as a testament to NetBeez’s dedication to empowering professionals and enthusiasts alike, paving the way for a more connected and resilient digital future.