NetBeez WiFi Sensors connect to an SSID, run tests to web and cloud applications continuously. The sensors and dashboard workk together to track real-time and historical performance, including DNS and Internet speed.
Proactively monitor your network with NetBeez!
WiFi Monitoring Sensors
NetBeez offers WiFi sensors that run network and application performance measurements on any WiFi network. Wireless engineers can retrieve real-time and historical data for the following metrics:
- Transmitted and received bits/sec on the wlan0 interface
- Signal strength and link quality detected by the 802.11ac NIC
- Associated band, channel and BSSID number
- Bit rate established with the access point
- SSID scans to detect locally broadcasting networks
View NetBeez Specs and Features
The WiFi sensor has the same characteristics of an Ethernet Sensor with the addition of a 802.11ac card that enables monitoring on any WiFi network.
CPU: 1.2 GHz quad-core (ARMv8)
RAM: 1 GB
Disk Drive: 8 GB
Ethernet NIC: 10/100 Mbps (RJ-45)
WiFi Card: 802.11ac based on ASUS AC56
Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) available
Monitoring a WiFi network from the client perspective provides many benefits, including quick outage detection, and reduced troubleshooting time. Here are three simple use cases where wireless engineers saved time and resources in the process:
1. Test the WiFi service after configuration changes
2. Performance measurement in high-density areas
3. Tuning transmit power adjustment algorithms